Welcome to our new students
Orientation and other useful information
We strongly recommend, though for all University Citizens to take the opportunity to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In the 2022/23 academic year, not being vaccinated will not be accepted as a reason to be exempted from the general regulations requiring in person presence during studies.
The tuition for the spring semester of AY 2022/23 starts on 27 February 2023. Due to the general energy crisis in Europe, the campus of the Faculty of Humanities is closed between 5 December 2022 and 27 February 2023. The coordinators and all staff are available via email or MS Teams during office hours. For further information, please scroll down.
The Orientation Week is organized for new international students at ELTE Faculty of Humanities at the beginning of each academic semester.
- Date: 13-17 February
- Location: ONLINE
- Orientation Week Programme
- Welcome words and Faculty introduction by Dr. Orsolya Réthelyi, Vice-dean for international affairs
Orientation Week materials
- General information session for ZJCM, Hankuk, and freemover students + PPT
- General information session for Erasmus and mobility exchange students + PPT
The pre-orientation is intended to help our new students prepare for the semester, course registration, and arrival at Hungary. You can 'meet' your coordinators, and there is also a Question&Answer section after the presentation.
- For Erasmus and other exchange students: CEST 14:00-15:00 pm 12 January 2023 via Microsoft Teams. You can watch the video here + PPT
- For guest students (ZJCM, SISU, BFSU, Hankuk): CEST 10:00-11:00 am 23 January 2023 via Microsoft Teams Watch the recording here + PPT
Useful to read
Contact us! Your coordinators at the Department of International Affairs
Tuesday: no office hours
Thursday: no office hours
For Erasmus students
If you are going to have your Erasmus semester(s) with us, you can find further specific Erasmus info on the following page:
Information about the enrolment process (Only for full-time BA/MA students)
All Freshmen must go through the registration & enrolment process, this will be the first administrative step of your student life at ELTE. The registration & enrolment happens in person by showing all necessary documents.
Registration & enrolment in person consists of 3 steps
- electronic enrolment in the Neptun system (done by the student before arrival)
- registration (in person) at your international coordinator at the Department of International Affairs (only with booked appointment, see the next section)
- enrolment (in person) at the Office of Educational Affairs (you can go there after registering at the Dept. of International Affairs)
Happens via our “Kronosz” client booking system. You can enter Kronosz with your ELTE account OR Neptun code and password at kronosz.elte.hu.
- Click on “Booking”.
- Choose which office you would like to book to (Department of Interanational Affairs).
- Choose the Other/Choose coordinator only or the Enrolment option.
- Choose your administrative coordinator (Mr Rezső JARMALOV - Stipendium Hungaricum or Ms Katalin SZABÓ - self-paying students.
- Choose an appointment date and time that is suitable for you offered by the system.
- Letter of Acceptance received from ELTE
- your original certificate of matriculation (graduation certificate from high school studies)
- If you will be an MA student: your BA degree certificate
- your Hungarian address (zip code, city, name of the street, floor, apartment number)
- your mobile phone number in Hungary
- student visa page
- 2 passport photos (colour) – Write your full name at the back with capital letters
- Confirmation of Payment about having paid your tuition fee
- Your language certificate
- Enrolment sheet printed and signed from Neptun study system
For Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship holders also:
tax card (if you already have one)
TAJ card (if you already have one)
Hungarian bank account number (if you already have one)
How to print the Enrolment sheet from Neptun?
- Log in to Neptun.
- Entering the Neptun System, in the upper corner on the left side, please, click on “Training” and choose your programme from the list.
- Click on “Information”, then on “General forms”.
- Next to the document called Enrolment sheet, click on the sign “+” and choose the option “Print”.
- Sign the document.
- Pack this document together with all other documents necessary for the registration (enrolment).
Do you need a student mentor?
Presentations of the Orientation Week 2022/23/2
|Welcome words and Faculty introduction (Dr. Orsolya Réthelyi, Vice-dean for international affairs)||LINK|
|ELTE BTK Student Union||LINK|
|ELTE BTK ESN||LINK|
Information regarding COVID, vaccination, immunity certificate, quarantine, etc.
- All important information on COVID-19 at Faculty of Humanities
- ELTE Information on COVID
- Information on general rules of border crossing
- Information on Vaccination and Immunity Certificates against COVID-19
PCR testing at Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport: https://www.bud.hu/en/testing_center
Recommended PCR testing in Budapest: https://www.synlab.hu/booking/locations