Be an international student mentor
Mentors are sophomore or senior students that go to the same university and help the institutional integration of their mentees. After the mentees’ arrival to Hungary, mentors help them with the integration to student scene. It is the mentors’ responsibility to keep in touch with their mentees and to inform them about any current institutional competitions and scholarships, as well as about the institutional academic system.
- Mentors may work in groups and help 7-15 mentees at the same time, which they receive allowances for.
- Mentors are responsible for their positions for one academic year – during which they are required to own students’ status.
- Mentors are responsible for keeping in touch with the institution’s leading mentor, for satisfying their administrative tasks and for giving monthly written records on their tasks.
Criteria for application
- Except for freshmen, each student is able to apply for mentorship, provided that they are involved in full time training (BA, MA, undivided trainings, higher level vocational trainings) during the semesters of 2023 and 2024.
- Since the common working language of the Stipendium Hungaricum Mentor Network is English, mentors are all required to be fluent in English.
Please apply online: send a CV and a letter of motivation and a student status proof by filling this Google form.