The aim of this section to give you an overview about your administrative duties as an international student and the opportunities waiting for you during the academic year at ELTE in Budapest, Hungary. Read carefully these pages and have an easy start at ELTE.
- Mentor system
- Arrange housing
- Student finances
- About Hungary
- In case of emergency
- About Budapest
- Orientation Week
- Programs for incoming students
- Health insurance
- Academic calendar
- Student Card
- Faculty Student Administration Offices
- Quaestura Office
- Wi-fi connection
EEA registration in Hungary
EEA citizens planning to stay for more than 90 days in Hungary have to apply for the issuance of a registration certificate and for their registration of residence. Your study period exceeds 90 days, so the registration is obligatory.
3 times the representatives of National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing will be at the Faculty, so you can do the registration there. Please try to manage with the issue at the given dates, otherwise the process is more difficult.
Venue: Múzeum krt 4/A Faculty Conference room, ground floor
- 9:00-13:00 15th October
- 9:00-13:00 21st October
- 9:00-13:00 28th October
If you missed the above mentioned occasions:
To start the process, please register on the Enter Hungary site, and follow the instructions there.
Before you finish your studies at ELTE in Hungary and move back to your country, it is advisable to go back to the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing and cancel your registration certificate and your address card as well.
NON-EEA Residence permits
The National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (Immigration and Asylum Office earlier) will have an information and help desk at ELTE during the Orientation Week. It will be available during the Information Market on 5th September, from 15:00 to 16:30 at ELTE Faculty of Law, Aula Magna (1053 Budapest, Egyetem tér 1-3). Here you will be able to ask questions, and gain some information on the processes.
For the extension, you would need the following documents from the university:
- Certificate of the Active student status
- Transcript of Records
- Confirmation of the tuition fee payment
For easier administration, you can start the process online: Enter Hungary webpage
For the process, and other necessary documents, please check the website of the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (Immigration and Asylum Office earlier).
- If you requested for a D-type visa, your Residence permit will be issued automatically. When the Residence permit card is ready, ELTE will contact you when and where you can receive it. Please DO NOT go to the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing, but wait for your letter from ELTE.
- If your visa is not a D-type one, please contact, or go to the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing. In this case, it is not granted you will receive the Residence permit. For easier administration, you can start the process online: Enter Hungary webpage
Passport (original) and its full copy
1 photo (passport size)
Certificate of active student status
Confirmation of tuition fee payment
certificate of your Hungarian address: dormitory certificate/ rental contract/ other certificate with signatures/stamps, proper address details, period of stay
accommodation reporting form (ask your faculty coordinator)