Information on COVID-19
Changes in restrictions (from 7 March2022)
- changes in bold
- education is going back to offline from 28 February 2022
- all public get-togethers and festivities are allowed at the university and in Hungary
- masks are not obligatory in public or indoor spaces anymore (exception: hospitals, healthcare institutions, nursery homes)
- immunity certificates are not required for visitng places, events
- border checks are still on
- Changes of entry regulations to Hungary
- Information for students staying in quarantine
- Health care during the pandemic
Please find info about the vaccination here:
HEALTH CARE DURING THE PANDEMIC
How to get to doctor/hospital?
- call the ambulance 112 - please inform them, if you have a positive test, or if you have COVID-like symptoms https://www.mentok.hu/en/main-page-en/
- or go directly to the emergency department of a hospital (e.g. https://semmelweis.hu/surgosseg/en/)
Please be sure that you have a valid insurance!
How to get a valid insurance?
- for Stipendium Hungaricum students UNIQA is free of charge
- for self financed students Generali is available
EU citizens – „blue card”
- https://www.blesz.hu/en/ (5th district, English speaking)
- https://jek.hu/kapcsolat/ (8th district, Tel: +3617904600)
What will happen, if I have a positive test?
- stay in quarantine!
- report it obligatorily to the Epidemiological Operative Coordinating Body (JOKT) at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- inform your international coordinator at the Department of International Affairs
- inform your instructor that you cannot participate your on campus courses (your absence will be accepted)
If you have been in contact with anyone with a proven case of infection, report this to the Dean’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS STAYING IN QUARANTINE
COVID-19: BODER CROSSING INFORMATION
Please check the following websites:
Foreign students travelling to Hungary with a valid Hungarian residence permit for a period exceeding 90 days are treated in the same way as Hungarian citizens, thus they can enter Hungary without submitting a special request prior to their arrival.
In case of further questions please contact the consular services and Hungarian missions in your country: https://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/hu-missions-abroad